High Potency Liquid Omega - 3 - Lightly Sweet Flavor - 250 mL
From Our Experts
- A foundational supplement for those who don't eat fatty fish regularly
- Provides its fatty acids in the triglyceride form, which may enhance absorption
- These fats are very important for whole body health, as they support a healthy response to inflammation, circulatory health, and nervous system health.
- Tested for heavy metals, PCBs, Dioxins, pesticides, and oxidation levels
The Problem With Most Fish Oil Products
- Many fish oil products are misleading to consumers in a variety of ways. These can get lumped together as potency concerns and purity issues.
- Manufacturers intentionally deceive consumers by confusing the weight of the entire softgel as the strength of the fish oil. Fish oil contains two major active ingredients, EPA and DHA, both which are Omega-3 fatty acids. When a brand says you are receiving 1000 mg, for example, they often are referring to how much fish oil - not how much of the active ingredient you are getting. This allows them to dilute the product and patients are none-the-wiser.
- Fish can live in contaminated waters or feed off other organisms that may be exposed to contaminants. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic are common contaminants of fish oil products.
- Omega-3’s from fish are oils and therefore can become rancid, which if consumed daily can be harmful. Most fish oil products don't take enough steps to ensure purity, often using gimmicks such as enteric coating to hide the distinct taste of oxidized (rancid) fish oil.
- Fish are crucial parts of the ocean ecosystem. Environmental sustainability should be a top concern for all fish oil manufacturers, but it rarely is. The impact of the business on the geographical region often can be devastating.
Our Vitality Approved Solution
- Unlike other brands, we only put the amount of active EPA and DHA on the label of our fish oil products
- We help people understand the amount of Omega-3 acids they need based on their diet to prevent common underdosing of fish oil that happens.
- Vitality Approved fish oil brands meet aggressive standards for contaminants such as heavy metals or PCBs. We seek out manufacturers that eliminate, almost entirely, any trace of contaminants - even below naturally occurring levels.
- Our Vitality Approved Standards have set strict requirements for preventing and eliminating oxidation or rancidity.
- Sustainability is a chief concern for Village Vitality. The selection of the right fish, the practices of the fisheries, and the impact on the fishermen and their communities by the manufacturer must demonstrate a similar level of concern.
- We look for third party certifications and testing results to ensure quality in potency and purity.
- All our products meet our Vitality Approved quality standards, ensuring potent and pure products on a consistent basis.
- This product was made specifically for us. While some companies do this for financial gain, our primary motivation is to provide 100% transparency into the manufacturing and quality practices of the product.
From The Manufacturer:
Fish oil remains a foundational supplement for those who don't eat fatty fish regularly, or for all of us who benefit from extra essential fatty acids like EPA and DHA. These fats are very important for whole body health, as they support a healthy response to inflammation, circulatory health, and nervous system health.
Village Vitality High Potency Liquid Omega-3 provides its fatty acids in the triglyceride form, which may enhance absorption. The fish oil comes from small species (anchovy, sardine, and mackerel) that are sustainably fished. The oil is tested for heavy metals, PCBs, Dioxins, pesticides, and oxidation levels.