Alaskan Omega 900 - 90 Softgels
What Our Experts Say
- Alaskan Omega is our top pick for those looking for the most potent and pure fish oil for the best value.
- Contains almost 1000 mg of EPA + DHA per softgel, a dose almost 10 times the dose of many Omega-3 products, especially krill oil
- This is one of the purest fish oils on the market with no additional ingredients, carriers, or excipients.
- There is no detectable level of any heavy metals, PCBs, dioxin, or other contaminants.
- The softgel gelatin comes from fish, which is a great option for people who don't eat red meat.
- This product leads the market for oil freshness! Fresher oil equates to a better tasting product with longer shelf stability.
- The fish used are non-GMO, wild caught, certified sustainable, and antibiotic free.
- Available in 90 or 120 softgels
The Problem With Most Fish Oil Products
- Many fish oil products are misleading to consumers in a variety of ways. These can get lumped together as potency concerns and purity issues.
- Manufacturers intentionally deceive consumers by confusing the weight of the entire softgel as the strength of the fish oil. Fish oil contains two major active ingredients, EPA and DHA, both which are Omega-3 fatty acids. When a brand says you are receiving 1000 mg, for example, they often are referring to how much fish oil - not how much of the active ingredient you are getting. This allows them to dilute the product and customers are none-the-wiser.
- Fish can live in contaminated waters or feed off other organisms that may be exposed to contaminants. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic are common contaminants of fish oil products.
- Omegas from fish are oils and therefore can become rancid, which if consumed daily can be harmful. Most fish oil products don't take enough steps to ensure purity, often using gimmicks such to hide the distinct taste of oxidized (rancid) fish oil.
- Fish are crucial parts of the ocean ecosystem. Environmental sustainability should be a top concern for all fish oil manufacturers, but it rarely is. The impact of the business on the geographical region can often be devastating.
Our Vitality Approved Solution
- Unlike other brands, we clearly state the amount of active EPA and DHA on the label of our fish oil products
- We help people understand the amount of Omega-3 acids they need based on their diet to prevent common underdosing of fish oil that happens.
- Vitality Approved fish oil brands meet aggressive standards for contaminants such as heavy metals or PCBs. We seek out manufacturers that eliminate, almost entirely, any trace of contaminants - even below naturally occurring levels.
- Our Vitality Approved Standards have set strict requirements for preventing and eliminating oxidation or rancidity.
- Sustainability is a chief concern for Woodstock Vitamins. The selection of the right fish, the practices of the fisheries, and the impact on the fishermen and their communities by the manufacturer must demonstrate a similar level of concern.
- We look for third-party certifications and testing results to ensure quality in potency and purity.
- All our products meet our Vitality Approved quality standards, ensuring potent and pure products on a consistent basis.
- This product was made specifically for us. While some companies do this for financial gain, our primary motivation is to provide 100% transparency into the manufacturing and quality practices of the product.
From The Manufacturer
Alaskan Omega is a concentrated fish oil that provides 900 mg of EPA and DHA and is delivered in a small, fish-gelatin-based softgel. The softgels are covered with a GRAS-certified enteric coating so that they are easy to swallow and the EPA/DHA content is optimally absorbed.
EPA and DHA from fish oil promote wellness by supporting cardiovascular health, cytokine balance, joint health, and brain and nervous system function.
I'm happy with the quality of this supplement, but the size is an issue - they are pretty difficult to swallow.
Is a quality fish oil
Happy with all Woodstock Apothecary’s vitamins included this Alaskan Omega.
Alaskan Omega 900 - 90 Softgels
So far I’ve gotten fish oil, probiotics and greens and reds. I’m planning to get collagen to add to the greens and reds. I noticed your collagen has twice as much protein as the one I’m using. As soon as it’s all gone I’ll be by the store for Woodstock Vitamins brand. I didn’t realize the fish oil would help with joint issues, but I have noticed a lot less discomfort since I have been taking it. 👍🏼🙏🏼😊