Probiotic Complete - 30 Capsules
What Our Experts Say
- This is our top pick for general GI health or for someone prescribed an antibiotic.
- Stress, changes in the diet, contaminated food, chlorinated water, and numerous other factors can alter the bacterial flora in the intestinal tract. Therefore, we recommend taking a probiotic supplement every day.
- A decrease in beneficial bacteria may lead to digestive problems. Taking probiotics may help replace the lost beneficial bacteria.
- Probiotic Complete contains 30 billion units of four of the most studied strains of human probiotics which are active in both the small and large intestine.
- These strains are tested to be temperature stable, meaning refrigeration is not needed! We have data to show potency through expiration for up to 1 year at 76 degrees.
- Because no refrigeration is required, Probiotic Complete is a perfect choice for travelers and people with busy lifestyles
- Available in 30 count vegetarian capsules which are nitrogen flushed and sealed in blister-packs to prevent oxidation
- For a higher dose version, try Probiotic Complete ES.
The Problem With Most Probiotic Products
- Probiotic products are where the supplement industry show its flaws. Probiotic products are complicated; there are many factors to take into consideration but few companies actually do.
- Probiotics are living things that compete for resources, so choosing the wrong strains and/or not manufacturing them appropriately can have a dramatic negative impact on the product.
- Many products use unnecessary, mislabelled, or potentially harmful strains of bacteria.
- Many products select strains that are competitive - meaning that while they sit in the capsule, they’re having a “war” for resources. Who knows who survives!
- Some probiotic products list their doses at the time of manufacture. This is to intentionally deceive! They are hiding the fact their product will not be potent through expiration.
- Many products use temperature-sensitive strains but don’t maintain the cold chain. They may be shipped with no ice or temperature controls, stored in an unrefrigerated warehouse, or displayed on the shelf (not a fridge).
- Even some Vitality Approved brands can be purchased through distributors, meaning the cold chain is rarely maintained. This is crucial and often unknown to consumers!
Our Vitality Approved Solution
- Our probiotics are strain specific, must use the right dose of the right strains, must be labeled correctly, and must be manufactured to ensure potency through expiration.
- “Acidophilus” is a broad category that encompasses hundreds, if not thousands of different substrains. We ensure our probiotics have the correct substrains at the right dose.
- Our probiotic products must demonstrate they can survive the harsh environment of the upper GI tract.
- The cold chain must be maintained for temperature sensitive probiotics (with the exception of short excursions during transport if verified to not impact quality).
- All our products meet our Vitality Approved quality standards, ensuring potent and pure products on a consistent basis.
- This product was made specifically for us. While some companies do this for financial gain, our primary motivation is to provide 100% transparency into the manufacturing and quality practices of the product.
From the Manufacturer
Woodstock Vitamins Probiotic Complete is a vegetarian dairy-free and gluten-free four-strain probiotic totaling 30 billion CFU per capsule. Each vegetarian capsule is sealed in nitrogen purged aluminum blister packs to serve as protection from factors proven to compromise the stability of probiotics such as heat moisture and oxygen.
Probiotic Complete provides four researched strains of beneficial bacteria including the extensively studied HN019 strain of Bifidobacterium lactis. These live microorganisms have proven health benefits and well-established safety, and they have been tested for epithelial cell adhesion and/or resistance to low pH.
To further support resistance to low ph and the delivery of microorganisms to the small intestine, Woodstock Vitamins Probiotic Complete uses DRcaps gastro-resistant capsules. These specifically designed innovative capsules help slow exposure of actives to stomach acid and ensure more targeted release.
Delivery was fast and easy
Been taking this product per recommendation from Neil ( he’s the best) almost about 1 year now. All my gastrointestinal symptoms went away or subsided and I recently got a very in-depth urine culture sent out and it said my good bacteria was at 78% which my doctor said was great. Works great on a empty stomach or with food. Definitely believe in these probiotics they work wonders I will not miss a month without them.
Excellent product that put people first versus the big commercial brands out there that have a lot of unhealthy things in them.
I used to take another probiotic (not from Village Vitality). I thought it was doing its job. When I read Neal's blog about GI issues, I ordered Probiotic Complete and found the previous probiotic was not up to par. I also learned (from Neal) that probiotics should be taken every day and I hadn't been doing that. I'm glad I learned about Probiotic Complete. It does what it is supposed to do and I feel a difference when I run out and don't take it. I'll have to order a lot sooner before running out. Thank you!
Haven't tried it yet. Using up my older product.