Alaskan Omega 900 - 90 Softgels
What Our Experts Say
- Alaskan Omega is our top pick for those looking for the most potent and pure fish oil for the best value.
- Contains almost 1000 mg of EPA + DHA per softgel, a dose almost 10 times the dose of many Omega-3 products, especially krill oil
- This is one of the purest fish oils on the market with no additional ingredients, carriers, or excipients.
- There is no detectable level of any heavy metals, PCBs, dioxin, or other contaminants.
- The softgel gelatin comes from fish, which is a great option for people who don't eat red meat.
- This product leads the market for oil freshness! Fresher oil equates to a better tasting product with longer shelf stability.
- The fish used are non-GMO, wild caught, certified sustainable, and antibiotic free.
- Available in 90 or 120 softgels
The Problem With Most Fish Oil Products
- Many fish oil products are misleading to consumers in a variety of ways. These can get lumped together as potency concerns and purity issues.
- Manufacturers intentionally deceive consumers by confusing the weight of the entire softgel as the strength of the fish oil. Fish oil contains two major active ingredients, EPA and DHA, both which are Omega-3 fatty acids. When a brand says you are receiving 1000 mg, for example, they often are referring to how much fish oil - not how much of the active ingredient you are getting. This allows them to dilute the product and customers are none-the-wiser.
- Fish can live in contaminated waters or feed off other organisms that may be exposed to contaminants. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic are common contaminants of fish oil products.
- Omegas from fish are oils and therefore can become rancid, which if consumed daily can be harmful. Most fish oil products don't take enough steps to ensure purity, often using gimmicks such to hide the distinct taste of oxidized (rancid) fish oil.
- Fish are crucial parts of the ocean ecosystem. Environmental sustainability should be a top concern for all fish oil manufacturers, but it rarely is. The impact of the business on the geographical region can often be devastating.
Our Vitality Approved Solution
- Unlike other brands, we clearly state the amount of active EPA and DHA on the label of our fish oil products
- We help people understand the amount of Omega-3 acids they need based on their diet to prevent common underdosing of fish oil that happens.
- Vitality Approved fish oil brands meet aggressive standards for contaminants such as heavy metals or PCBs. We seek out manufacturers that eliminate, almost entirely, any trace of contaminants - even below naturally occurring levels.
- Our Vitality Approved Standards have set strict requirements for preventing and eliminating oxidation or rancidity.
- Sustainability is a chief concern for Woodstock Vitamins. The selection of the right fish, the practices of the fisheries, and the impact on the fishermen and their communities by the manufacturer must demonstrate a similar level of concern.
- We look for third-party certifications and testing results to ensure quality in potency and purity.
- All our products meet our Vitality Approved quality standards, ensuring potent and pure products on a consistent basis.
- This product was made specifically for us. While some companies do this for financial gain, our primary motivation is to provide 100% transparency into the manufacturing and quality practices of the product.
From The Manufacturer
Alaskan Omega is a concentrated fish oil that provides 900 mg of EPA and DHA and is delivered in a small, fish-gelatin-based softgel. The softgels are covered with a GRAS-certified enteric coating so that they are easy to swallow and the EPA/DHA content is optimally absorbed.
EPA and DHA from fish oil promote wellness by supporting cardiovascular health, cytokine balance, joint health, and brain and nervous system function.
I absolutely love them.
Alaskan Omega 900 - 90 Softgels
Alaskan Omega 900 - 90 Softgels
I rely on high quality omega FA to control my CHO, and taken with your CholesterLow, it gets the job done!
The capsule seem larger than some I have taken in the past and a little hard to swallow. Even though they are enteric coated, if I take them during the day I will get slightly fishy-tasting burps- I have had worse but for the price I hoped these capsules would be exceptional. I have started taking them before bed to eliminate the burping.
Thanks for your honest feedback on the product. I have a few thoughts (and will update our product description to help advise folks moving forward).
1. The size is solely due to the amount of Omega-3 we are trying to deliver. Most products intentionally deliver small amounts (1 to make it cheaper, 2 to make them smaller). All high concentrated Omega-3's will be about that size, unfortunately :(
2. Fishy burps: In this situation, the fishy burps are rare. You won the fish burp lotto! Fish burps are normally associated with rancid oils, but they also can be a matter of how your body handles such high concentrations of Omega-3. I'll review how to best take them at the end of this!
3. Price. Yes, our Omega-3 SEEM to cost more than others, but when compared apples-to-apples, our pricing is actually of the best on the market. We encourage you to look at the cost per 1 gram of EPA and DHA or 'cost per day' if you use 3 grams of EPA and DHA as most recommend. When you compare those and factor in all of the quality-related points, ours has a high value for the cost.
My recommendation is to slow down the dosing and ensure you're body is breaking it down better.
1. Take 1 softgel with 4-8oz of water and nothing else. Do this for 3 days and let me know if there's still the aftertaste.
2. If no aftertaste, try adding a second for 3 days. If this is too much, then we'll recommend splitting the doses (take 1 twice a day instead of 2 once a day).
3. Continue this until you get to your recommended daily dose.
Alternatively, MaxAbsorb Omega is a specialized formulation that will 100% reduce the fishy burps in our experience, but it is at a greater cost. I honestly don't believe the value is there for a majority of folks, so I recommend our Alaskan Omega 900 first.
I hope this helps!