Buffered C 1,000 mg PR - 50 Tablets
What Our Experts Say
- Our buffered Vitamin C product for people looking for esters of ascorbic acid
- Low doses of minerals and bioflavonoids have been included, but this is primarily an isolate of Vitamin C
- Available in 50 and 100 count
- Vegetarian Tablets
The Problem With Most Vitamin C Products:
- Most Vitamin C products are synthetic and are derived predominantly from corn syrup and acetone.
- Synthetic Vitamin C is misrepresented as natural by many manufacturers. Almost all isolated Vitamin C in supplements is synthetic.
- Many Vitamin C products are labeled to contain rose hips or bioflavonoids to give the appearance of being "whole food" or more natural, but the quality and amounts of these added ingredients are so poor that they are hardly beneficial.
Our Vitality Approved Solution:
- We are transparent about our isolated Vitamin C and it will never be mislabelled as "natural."
- Our products containing food sources are always true whole food
- We are transparent about whether dosages of add-on ingredients are significant
- All our products meet our Vitality Approved quality standards, ensuring potent and pure products on a consistent basis.
About Vitamin C
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a vitamin crucial in many body systems. We are advocates for eating foods rich in Vitamin C, such as oranges, acerola cherries, or camu-camu berries on a regular basis.
Vitamin C isolates should be reserved for those who are looking to prevent true Vitamin C deficiency. Those looking for the health benefits of Vitamin C rich foods should improve dietary intake or look to true whole food products.
Ascorbic acid that has been buffered improves the absorption of the Vitamin C. Calcium ascorbate is an ester form of Vitamin C and is considered "buffered."
There are many related Vitamin C products, which include esterified or buffered Vitamin C, bioflavonoids (including quercetin and rutin), and rose hips.