Supplement Quality Round Up
In This Episode
Nootropics are in the hot seat today after a Harvard study found unapproved drugs in the mix.
As it’s Neal’s mission to expose poor quality in supplements, he’s breaking down the details of this study, and how these drugs found their way into American supplements.
He and Daena also take a look at the goings-on with elderberry since the demand has increased, as well as the dangerous effects of long term turmeric supplementation.
- COVID news
- Weight loss update
- What nootropics are
- The details of the Harvard study
- The rise in demand for elderberry
- Dilution of elderberry to meet demand
- Liver toxicity from prolonged use of turmeric
- The cycle of inflammation
- Article: Get Real With Turmeric
- Article: 15 Fun Facts About Elderberry
- Article: 4 Pieces of Misinformation Around Inflamation
- Podcast: Inflamation - The Silent Killer
Subscribe To The Big Mouth Pharmacist Podcast
Dr. Neal Smoller is a sarcastic, slightly unprofessional medical professional who talks truth about wellness, weed, and Woodstock.
Do supplements REALLY work? Are medicines REALLY the devil? How will my grandmother use recreational marijuana responsibly?
Broadcasting from the most famous small town in America - Woodstock, NY!