Shake Up Your Weight Loss
In This Episode
To put a cap on weight-loss resolutions for the new year, Neal and Daena are discussing meal replacement shakes today.
We take a look at what a meal replacement shake should include, and how it differs from just protein powder.
Neal talks about what to look for on the label, the different types of proteins, and what NOT to add to your shakes and smoothies.
He also explains sweeteners used in meal replacement shakes, amino acids, fat, carbs, and why anything marketed to athletes is not for civilian use.
- Neal favors shakes for weight loss
- The concept of meal replacement
- Paying attention to labels so as not to double up on vitamins
- Doubling up on micronutrients by adding too many ingredients to shake powder
- Smoothies as another good option for micronutrients
- The problems with ‘body builder’ or ‘sports’ shakes
- Types of proteins
- Amino acids
- Whey vs plant
- Fats and carbs
- Protein Powders: Whey-ing the Pros & Cons
- Guide to Greens: We're so excited we wet our plants
- The Garden Of Lies
Subscribe To The Big Mouth Pharmacist Podcast
Dr. Neal Smoller is a sarcastic, slightly unprofessional medical professional who talks truth about wellness, weed, and Woodstock.
Do supplements REALLY work? Are medicines REALLY the devil? How will my grandmother use recreational marijuana responsibly?
Broadcasting from the most famous small town in America - Woodstock, NY!