Hormones Are Back On The Menu
In This Episode
Managing menopause can be tricky, so joining Neal today is one of the leaders in the field, Dr. Daved Rosensweet.
Daved tells us about the role that each hormone plays in menopause, and why it’s so important to find the right balance.
Dr. Rosensweet and Neal also discuss what caused the scare of hormones and cancer, the evolution of bioidenticals, and the issues caused by inconsistent care.
Daved also explains his creation of organic bases for hormone compounds- something Neal is quite familiar with, and the effects of stress when your hormones are already in flux.
- Inconsistent quality of care
- Estrogen levels over a lifetime
- Progesterone and the danger of estrogen dominance
- The Women’s Health Initiative study
- The switch from Premarin to Estradiol
- Proper testing for hormone levels - 24-hour urine collection
- Organic bases for hormone compounds
- The effect of stress on postmenopausal women
All About Daved Rosensweet
Dr. Rosensweet graduated from the University of Michigan Medical School in 1968. He has been in private medical practice since 1971, and has had offices in New Mexico, California, and Colorado, and is currently in practice in Southwest Florida.
Dr. Rosensweet was the clinical physician involved in the very first Nurse Practitioner training program in the U.S.A. and in charge of health promotion for the State of New Mexico. He teaches health professionals about the treatment of women in menopause with bioidentical hormones.