Introducing Calcium Care - A Whole Food Calcium Supplement
Introducing Calcium Care - Whole Food Calcium and More
We are proud to finally and officially announce the arrival of Calcium Care, our 100% whole food calcium supplement. Some of you may remember “Calcium Food”, our version 1.0 of whole food calcium supplements. Calcium Care is a radically more sophisticated formula offering nutrients proven to support bone health without using synthetic, gross chemicals, but instead, whole foods.
We’re excited. We decided to make this brief F.A.Q. page to teach everyone about it.
Here’s the quick version:
- Most calcium supplements use the wrong forms of calcium like carbonate or citrate. Most of it stays in your gut, or worse, deposits into soft tissue causing heart problems long term.
- Those forms of calcium have shown to NOT help bone health.
- Our calcium is MCHA, the only form that has clinical data supporting bone health.
- We didn’t stop at calcium. We added in other important bone-building nutrients like silica, boron, magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin K, and more.
- We didn’t use synthetic garbage like everyone else. This is a 100% true whole food supplement.
- We used so many healthy greens that the tablet itself actually looks and smells green. Compare that to most calcium, which is made from the same thing found in chalk.
What is Calcium Care?
- Calcium care is the first whole-food, comprehensive calcium and bone support* formula of its kind.
- It is one of the smartest, most sophisticated calcium supplements on the market.
- Calcium Care was developed by Woodstock Vitamin’s founder, pharmacist Neal Smoller.
What’s In It?
- Grass Fed, New Zealand Bovine Bone Meal - an important source of our favorite form of calcium, Calcium MCHA (Hydroxyapatite)
- Organic Spinach Leaf - Spinach is rich in nutrients important to bone health such as magnesium, potassium, manganese, and boron
- Organic Alfalfa Leaf - Alfalfa is a healthy source of Vitamin K and magnesium
- Bovine Cartilage - We added 100% New Zealand sourced cartilage, which is rich in GAG, Type II Collagen, and chondroitin.
- Organic Acerola Fruit - Acerola is rich in Vitamin C and bioflavonoids, both of which play an important role in collagen formation and bone health.
- Bamboo Shoot Extract - Bamboo is a natural source of silica without the risks of adulteration of other silica-rich foods.
What’s NOT In It?
We don’t include Vitamin D in our formula. Simply put, Vitamin D is unique person to person, so it’s best to check your level with your doctor and take only what you need. Also, Vitamin D is best in a liquid or softgel form; putting it in a powdered tablet can decrease absorption.
I’ve read the label. How come it only lists Calcium amounts?
- A true whole food supplement uses only real food powders, processed gently, in the proper amounts, to yield micronutrients necessary.
- Our nutrition must come from eating enough of the right foods. Calcium Care is a 100% true whole-food supplement, meaning we use FOOD, not chemicals as the ingredients.
- We formulate the product to contain enough food to yield proper micronutrient concentrations.
- Because vitamin and micronutrient content varies plant to plant, the amounts frequently change. Therefore, the label would have to change. We don’t want that.
- With food, the numbers don’t matter. What matters is that we get enough on a daily basis, and we’ve formulated Calcium Care to guarantee that happens.
- Achieving specific, exact doses every single time is only achievable with synthetic chemicals. Using synthetic chemicals is something we want to avoid with a whole food product.
- Calcium Care helps people meet or exceed needed amounts of bone supporting micronutrients by providing them from food, not synthetic chemicals.
Why Is Calcium Care Needed? What Does Calcium Care Do?
- Calcium Care is the boss of all calcium supplements. It contains calcium along with foods rich in nutrients that support bone health.
- According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), most of us aren’t getting nearly enough calcium.
- Insufficient calcium levels can lead to bone loss, osteopenia, and osteoporosis.
- Calcium Care provides natural sources of calcium in an amount to fill in the gaps between what we get from our diet and what we need.
- Calcium is just one component of our bones. Calcium care provides many other ingredients - all from natural food sources - that are crucial in supporting bone health.*
- This is a great product for ANYONE looking for a best-in-class calcium supplement. If you are a woman over 18, you ESPECIALLY need to take every step to ensure your bone health is optimized.
How is it different?
- It’s not just different. It blows those other guys out of the water.
- It’s comprehensive. Calcium Care has proper amounts of food sources of important nutrients, beyond just calcium.
- It uses the best, most absorbable forms of nutrients
- The amounts and forms of ingredients we chose are supported by substantial clinical evidence.
- No synthetic compounds to be found.
How do you ensure quality ingredients?
- We sourced the finest of ingredients - from the active bone supporting* nutrients to the inert “filler” compounds.
- We hand selected best-in-class raw material suppliers.
- We thoroughly vetted ingredients to be free of allergens, heavy metals, pesticides, and harmful extraction agents found commonly in many supplement products on the market today.
- Our calcium source is bovine bone meal. We only use bovine sources that come from New Zealand. They have some of the strictest regulations surrounding antibiotic use, hormone use, and care around compassion for the animals.
How does it compare?
- Quite frankly, it blows other calcium formulations out of the water.
- Calcium Care vs Oscal or Citracal
- Calcium Care has better, more absorbable form of calcium
- Better tolerated
- Has more ingredients that support bone health
- Calcium Care vs Bone Up
- Bone Up is a synthetic comprehensive bone support formula
- It has many important bone support nutrients, but not in the best forms or optimal amounts
- Calcium Care is 100% whole food, where Bone Up uses synthetic ingredients
- The prices are favorable towards Calcium Care
- Calcium Care vs Ultimate Bone Support
- Ultimate Bone Support is a synthetic version of Calcium Care, essential
- Both are made by us
- Ultimate Bone Support comes in packets and large containers, so there is a lot of waste
- Calcium care is 100% whole food
- Calcium Care vs Promin
- Promin is a whole food calcium formulation
- The amounts of calcium in promin are very low; it really doesn’t supplement enough calcium, especially for the price
- Promin is a general whole food mineral supplement, so it is lacking a few ingredients that support healthy bones.
- The prices are comparable
Should I Buy Calcium Care?
Yes! Calcium supplements are one of our VITAL 5 - the 5 types of supplements almost EVERYONE should take.
If you currently use a calcium product, talk with one of our experts to determine if it is right for you.
You should NOT use Calcium Care if you are allergic to any of the ingredients or if you are on blood thinners. Pregnant? Congratulations, but talk to your doctor first.
The Vitality Avengers Will Assemble
We see the writing on the wall. The quality of supplements is getting WORSE, not better. Products are flooding the market. We are drowning in a sea of mediocrity, misinformation, and malpractice.
We are developing new, best-in-class supplements in each category of our Vital 5. Calcium is “The First Avenger.” This is our first origin story. Hopefully, we’ll take on our own version of Thanos - the natural products industry - with some of the best possible supplements the universe has seen.
Contact an expert today to see if Calcium Care is right for you. Spread the word. Help us help more people get the wellness results they deserve!
Just trying to keep it real...
Neal Smoller, PharmD
Owner, Pharmacist, Big Mouth